Krista Roes's Note:
Cooking Light 2003 Haven't tried these but had to put it here... "The lentil puffs, studded with spinach and cilantro, are a specialty in the northern and western parts of India, where they are enjoyed with various sauces. Make these up to 1 hour ahead. To reheat, lightly cover and place in a 250 degree oven for 12 minutes or until warmed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 dried small red lentil
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3 1/2 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped seeded serrano chili
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- 1Sort and wash lentils, place in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Drain well.
- 2Place lentils and 3 tablespoons water in food processor, process until smooth, scraping bowl occasionally.
- 3Combine the pureed lentils, spinach and next 7 ingredients (through garlic) stirring well.
- 4Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat.
- 5Drop lentil mixture by heaping spoonfuls in the pan.
- 6Cook 2 minutes each side or until lightly browned. Cover and keep warm.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil and Spinach Puffs
Serving Size: 1 (21 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 41.1
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 13.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 0.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: