Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yummy stew with lots of fiber and protein.
- 3 tablespoons oil (i use coconut, but you can use whatever)
- 3 medium carrots
- 3 stalks celery
- 1 large onion
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 64 ounces water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1 1⁄2 cups lentils
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- saute the garlic, onions, carrots, chili powder and celery in the oil for about 7 minutes.
- add the water, tomato sauce, quinoa and the lentils.
- Boil on low until lentils are cooked (about 20-30 minutes).
When I made this I cut the recipe in half for just the 2 of us, & as you say, a very flavorful "yummy stew" for sure! Will be keeping this recipe in my soup file for future enjoyment! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in New Kids on the Block tag]