1/6 Photos of Lentil and Potato Casserole
1 hr 30 mins
This warming vegetable dish can be enjoyed as a meal or as a side. Play with the flavours and you can turn this in to a curry casserole (add curry powder instead of Italian herbs) or try Moroccan spices, Cajun spices or Hungarian spices... all delish! ------
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soak lentils in a bowl of cold water for at least 30 minutes.
- 2Drain water and cook lentils for 20 minutes in boiling water.
- 3Drain lentils and put aside.
- 4Place fennel on a baking tray and spray with cooking spray and bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees for 20 minutes or until softly roasted.
- 5Sauté onions in the oil until transparent.
- 6Add the potatoes, tomato paste and herbs and Sauté for 3 minutes.
- 7Add the tomatoes, lentils and stock and cook a further 10 minutes.
- 8Transfer to a casserole dish and place the roasted fennel just under the surface.
- 9Bake in a moderate oven 180 degrees for 30 minutes.
- 10Serve with crusty bread or brown rice for a hearty meal of as a side to a piece of steak or chicken.
- 11Note: Cooking time can be reduced by using canned lentils.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil and Potato Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (540 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 440.8
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 524.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.9 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 19.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian herb seasoning