Recipe by chive flower
This is a simple, easy and filling soup that will warm the cockles of anyone loving soup.....
- 1 cup lentils
- 5 cups stock (i use miso paste with water)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 large garlic clove
- 1 cup peas (frozen is fine)
- 2 tablespoons peppermint leaves or 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- - chop the onions and garlic and sweat off in a pan
- - then add the carrots and leave for a few minutes to slightly soften.
- - add the lentils and the stock and salt and pepper (to taste - i don't use too much at all as the miso paste stock i use is already salty).
- - leave this to simmer for a good 50 minutes, then add the peas and the herbs and more seasoning if needed. Leave to simmer for a further 20 minutes and blend just before serving.
- et voila!