1/1 Photo of Lentil and Green Bean Salad
We made this tonight for dinner and loved it so I thought I'd share. Easy, simple and delicious. I also think it could become like a "mother" or base recipe & to it you could add smoked chicken, tuna, other legumes, even different salad or vegetables. Source: Good Taste, December 2007
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g dried brown lentils, rinsed (2x400g cans rinsed and drained)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons gingerroot, finely grated
- 2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice (we subbed lemon)
- 200 g green beans, topped
- 250 g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 4 celery ribs, ends trimmed and cut into matchsticks
- 1 ear of corn, cooked, kernels removed (our addition)
- coriander leaves, garnish
- yoghurt, to serve
- 1Cook lentils about 25mins until tender or drain cans and rinse thoroughly.
- 2Cook onion until tender then add garlic and ginger. Cook for a couple of minutes then add garam masala and cook 1-2mins until aromatic.
- 3Add onion mixture and lime juice to lentils and mix thoroughly. Leave to cool slightly.
- 4Cook green beans until crisp tender then refresh in cold water and drain.
- 5Add corn kernels, green beans, tomatoes & celery to lentil mixture and stir gently to combine.
- 6Season with cracked black pepper and serve garnished with coriander and a dollop of yoghurt (we didn't miss the coriander or yoghurt but the pepper is a must).
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil and Green Bean Salad
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 314.7
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 48.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 19.3 g