Recipe by Lani D
From the Courier Mail 'Body and Soul' liftout. Want to try it, but let me know if you do first!
Top Review by mabelicious
I wanted to use up the miso I had and found this recipe. As I cooked it I thought it would be horribly bland, but it was dynamite. I absolutely loved it and shared it with friends and family...SO GOOD!
- 1 1⁄2 cups red lentils
- 1 1⁄2 liters water
- 2 carrots, larced, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons ginger
- 1⁄3 cup miso
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse lentils and add to the pan with water.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15 minutes.
- Spoon off any scum or froth from the surface.
- Add the carrot and ginger and continue to cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Mix the miso paste in half a cup of water until smooth and pour into the soup.
- Return to the boil then turn off.
- Serve immediately.