1/1 Photo of Lentil and Frankfurter Soup
Posted for ZWT 6.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the lentils in a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Drain and return to the pan.
- 2Chop 7 frankfurters and fry in 1tbsp oil with the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, leek and rosemary until all the vegetables are soft (about 5-10 minutes).
- 3Add the mixture to the lentils then blend in a food processor, adding a few tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture.
- 4Pour the soup back into the large pan and add 1-2 cups boiling water and simmer for a minute. Add more water depending on your preferred thickness.
- 5Finely slice the remaining frankfurters and fry in 1tsp oil.
- 6Serve the soup with the fried frankfurters on the top.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil and Frankfurter Soup
Serving Size: 1 (438 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 698.4
- Calories from Fat 331
- Total Fat 36.8 g
- Saturated Fat 12.9 g
- Cholesterol 56.2 mg
- Sodium 1319.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 27.3 g