Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for ZWT 6.
- 5 ounces red lentils or 5 ounces yellow lentils
- 2 large potatoes, chopped
- 10 frankfurters
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 sticks celery, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 tablespoon rosemary (optional)
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- Place the lentils in a large pan of boiling water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the potatoes and cook for a further 10 minutes or until the potatoes are soft. Drain and return to the pan.
- Chop 7 frankfurters and fry in 1tbsp oil with the onion, carrots, celery, garlic, leek and rosemary until all the vegetables are soft (about 5-10 minutes).
- Add the mixture to the lentils then blend in a food processor, adding a few tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture.
- Pour the soup back into the large pan and add 1-2 cups boiling water and simmer for a minute. Add more water depending on your preferred thickness.
- Finely slice the remaining frankfurters and fry in 1tsp oil.
- Serve the soup with the fried frankfurters on the top.
Holy bob-aloni, this is a great soup! I had everything on hand, the red lentils, the frankfurter, the potatoes, added the sliced leek, the frankfurter, and used the rosemary and garlic! It went together so easily, and was yumm-eris-ish! I followed the directions except I saved the water that cooked the potato and and lentils, and used that to mix back in after food processing the mixture of lentils, potato, and vegetables. I loved the use of the fried frank on top too. Perfect in a bowl. Would suspect this is a real kid pleasing soup. Made for *ZWT Six* Zee Zanies May 2010