Tasty salad - high in fiber, low in fat. Add diced grilled chicken breast and you've got a complete meal! Recipe from Whole Foods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3/4 cup dried green lentil
- 3 3/4 cups water, divided
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups packed baby arugula leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1Put lentils and 3 cups water into a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender but not falling apart, about 15 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again.
- 2Meanwhile, bring remaining 3/4 cup water to a boil in a small pot then pour over couscous in a large, heatproof bowl, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Uncover, add oil and fluff with a fork. Set aside to let cool, then add cooked lentils, arugula and tomatoes and toss gently to combine.
- 3In a small bowl, whisk together pesto, vinegar, salt and pepper. Just before serving, drizzle pesto mixture over salad and toss to coat.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil and Couscous Salad With Arugula - Whole Foods
Serving Size: 1 (226 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 166.3
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 106.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.7 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 8.8 g