Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Tasty salad - high in fiber, low in fat. Add diced grilled chicken breast and you've got a complete meal! Recipe from Whole Foods.
- 3⁄4 cup dried green lentil
- 3 3⁄4 cups water, divided
- 1⁄2 cup couscous
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cups packed baby arugula leaves (about 2 ounces)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup prepared basil pesto
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Put lentils and 3 cups water into a small pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender but not falling apart, about 15 minutes. Drain, rinse in cold water and drain again.
- Meanwhile, bring remaining 3/4 cup water to a boil in a small pot then pour over couscous in a large, heatproof bowl, cover and set aside for 10 minutes. Uncover, add oil and fluff with a fork. Set aside to let cool, then add cooked lentils, arugula and tomatoes and toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pesto, vinegar, salt and pepper. Just before serving, drizzle pesto mixture over salad and toss to coat.