1/3 Photos of Lentil and Cannellini Bean Soup
This is a low-kj classic from Good Taste magazine.I often drop in a handful of pasta in the last 10 minutes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 carrots, peeled, diced
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 (800 g) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (400 g) can brown lentils, drained and rinsed
- 1 (400 g) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- parmesan cheese, to serve or crispy bacon
- salt and pepper
- 1Heat oil in large pot.
- 2Add carrot, onion and garlic.
- 3Cook 3 minutes till soft.
- 4Add stock and tomatoes, bring to boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes.
- 6Add lentils and beans, cook further 10 minutes.
- 7Or keep simmering till desired thickness.
- 8Season to taste, serve with bacon or parmesan.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lentil and Cannellini Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (338 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 579.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 468.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 40.8 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 37.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: