Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
A vegetarian recipe acceptable for fasting.
- 6 tablespoons oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 medium green peppers, diced
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon salad mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 1⁄2 lbs firm tofu, crumbled
- 5 tablespoons tamari
- Saute 3 tablespoons oil, onion and green pepper until tender.
- Add next six ingredients and simmer over low heat for about 20 minutes.
- In another skillet, brown rest of oil, crumbled tofu and tamair.
- When tofu is well brwoned and has absorbed flavoring, add tomato sauce mixture.
- Serve on buns or rice.