Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A tasty, creamy and hearty dish for those cold winter days.
- 1 lb of strip bacon or 1 lb ham
- 8 medium potatoes
- 2 medium onions
- 2 (14 ounce) cans creamed corn
- 2 (12 ounce) cans evaporated milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter
- Peel potatoes. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Cut up bacon into bites.
- Chop onions.
- Put potatoes into large pot and cover with water. Cook until tender. Do not drain.
- Saute bacon or ham and onions in fry pan with butter until bacon is cooked thouroughly. Do not drain.
- Drain water from potatoes until they are barely covered in pot.
- Add bacon and onions and all drippings from fry pan to potatoes in pot.
- Add creamed corn and evaporated milk. Stir.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer 20 minutes, stir occasionally.
- Serve in bowls.