Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Lennie gave me this great recipe idea, I just added curry. It really came out creamy and delicious!
- 1 cup long grain rice
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- water, to equal 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Pour undiluted soup into a measuring cup (mine came out to be just under 1 cup) add water to the soup to make 2 cups.
- Pour onto rice.
- Add curry powder; mix.
- Cook according to rice package instructions.
- Add more water if needed.
I liked this although the family wasn't as keen on it. They thought it needed something else. I felt it is a great side dish, it goes together very easily and cooks like a dream. I make this again and see if I can tweak it to my families taste buds a little more...my son says garlic..
My family isn't crazy about curry, but I love it so this recipe is my treat to myself when I'm cooking for just one. It is so easy to make and is a great spicy side dish to grilled chicken breast. Thanks for posting this recipe - my mouth waters just thinking about it!