Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
These whimisically named cookies originally hail from Spain(similar cookies are made in France and other European countries) and are now popular in Mexico and the Phillipines.The cookies turn out like little spongecakes with crispy edges-elegant little bites that can be served with ice cream,custards,or chocolate.Make sure to store any leftover cookies in an airtight container to preserve their texture.
- Preheat oven to 425 F.Greas and flour several baking sheets.
- Cream together the butter and sugar thoroughly.
- Add the white of one egg,beat thoroughly.Repeat with the remaining egg whites.
- Add the vanilla and flour,mix well.
- Place the dough in a pasry bag fitted with a round tip.Pipe the dough onto the baking sheets in strips 2-3 inches wide,making sure to leave enough space in between the cookies for them to expand.
- Bake each batch for 6-8 minutes or until the edges are very lightly browned.
- Remove the cookies to a wire rack to cool.50-60.