Recipe by V'nut-Beyond Redemption
Great served with ice cream. For cholesterol watchers, use margarine instead of butter.
Top Review by ChiquitaBanana
Thankyou! Simple recipe.... turned out well. I needed some mexican desserts for a mexican themed lunch that I'm helping out with, so these worked perfectly. My biggest thing was experimenting with the different piping attatchment to figure out which one made the cookies turn out the best. I found that using a widest/ biggest one worked well. Thanks again!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup egg white
- 1 1⁄3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add egg whites gradually, beating well after each addition.
- Add the salt and vanilla.
- Add flour gradually and mix well.
- Using a cake decorating tube, form dough into oblong, tonguelike shapes.
- Bake in 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove and let cool.
- Store in airtight jars or store in freezer.