Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
A great summery side dish served at room temperature.
- 4 zucchini
- 1 lemon
- 1 (14 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Slice the zucchini lengthways with a vegetable peeler to make ribbons.
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil and cook the strips for 1 minute Drain and place in a bowl.
- Grate over the zest of half the lemon and squeeze over the juice of the whole lemon.
- Add the cannellini beans with the chives and parsley and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour over the oil and mix well.
- Serve at room temperature.
i'm sorry but this was really bland, limp, and flavorless. I served it expecting a really pretty dish for my extended family and barely anyone finished it.