Recipe by Lainey39
Flecks of zucchini give a third dimension to the popular lemon and poppy seed combination in this moist quick bread. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
Top Review by Engrossed
VERY NICE bread with a mild lemon flavor. I made 1 loaf using: 1 cup whole wheat flour, 1 cup unbleached all-purpose flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/2 cup Splenda granular, 1oz sugar-free instant lemon pudding, 1% milk, 1/4 cup vegetable oil, 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce and all else the same. I think it adapted well, perhaps a little heartier and it doesn't taste lighter. Made for 1-2-3 hit wonders.
- 4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup poppy seed
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- In large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, pudding mix, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, oil, lemon juice and extract.
- Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the zucchini, poppy seeds and lemon peel.
- Pour into 2 greased 9-inch by 5-inch by 3-inch loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.