Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Yummy moist muffins with a great twist. This is a variation for my Sour Cream Muffins. Great for breakfast, a snack, with tea and dessert! For some added flavor throw in some poppy seeds.
- 354.88 ml flour
- 7.39 ml baking powder
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml baking soda
- 59.14 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 177.44 ml sour cream
- 59.14 ml milk
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 9.85 ml fresh lemon zest
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking powder in a large bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs then make a well in center of mixture.
- Beat egg in a small bowl; add sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, sour cream and milk.
- Add to flour mixture, mixing just until moistened.
- Spoon into greased muffin pans until cups are about 2/3 full. Or grease pans and the surface around the pan as well, filling cups all the way, this will produce muffins with larger tops, though less muffins.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
My family loved these muffins. They domed so beautifully and tasted rich with just a hint of lemon. I added an extra 1/4 cup cream to make the batter less stiff. These are great muffins and didn't last long!