Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 5 mins
"It takes some time to prepare this eye-catching cheesecake, but the luscious combination of tangy lemon and rich white chocolate is hard to beat!" From taste of home. Chilling time not included.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Place a 9 inch springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil [about 18 inches square]. Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in white chocolate and lemon peel. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325 for 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath . Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before slicing.
The cheesecake itself is to die for, but I didn't like the crust at all. It became soggy after the cooling period. Next time I'm going to use crushed lemon flavored cookies or vanilla wafers.