Recipe by Courtly
"It takes some time to prepare this eye-catching cheesecake, but the luscious combination of tangy lemon and rich white chocolate is hard to beat!" From taste of home. Chilling time not included.
Top Review by Siava
The cheesecake itself is to die for, but I didn't like the crust at all. It became soggy after the cooling period. Next time I'm going to use crushed lemon flavored cookies or vanilla wafers.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1⁄2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 10 (1 ounce) white chocolate baking squares, melted and cooled
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
Directions See How It's Made
- Place a 9 inch springform pan on a double thickness of heavy-duty foil [about 18 inches square]. Securely wrap foil around pan; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, confectioners' sugar and lemon peel; cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto the bottom and 1 inch up the sides of prepared pan. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 325 for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in white chocolate and lemon peel. Pour into crust.
- Place pan in a large baking pan; add 1 inch of hot water to larger pan. Bake at 325 for 65-85 minutes or until center is just set and top appears dull.
- Remove pan from water bath . Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan before slicing.