Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an easy vinaigrette with a mild tastiness. I enjoy it on potatoes, salad, or shepherd's pie. Adapted from "Vive Le Vegan."
- 3 -4 tablespoons flax seed oil or 3 -4 tablespoons vegetable oil, of your choice
- 2 -3 tablespoons water
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice (can use bottled)
- 2 tablespoons good-quality apple juice
- 3 tablespoons honey (a wonderful vegan alternative) or 3 tablespoons agave nectar (a wonderful vegan alternative)
- 2 -3 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- black pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a jar and always shake well before serving. for best taste, let it sit for ten or fifteen minutes to let the flavors blend.
- This recipe is easily halved and keeps, refrigerated, for about a week.
this is so great. i cut up some carrots & celery and dipped it in fantastic. Made for Beverage Tag April 08
this was a tasty full flavored dressing that we all enjoyed. the apple juice and tamari gave it a sweet/salty flavor, and i especially loved finding a new ingredient to play with, agave nectar. i have never used it before and was able to find it in the organic section of my market. i will be looking for more recipes to use it in.