Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad recipe is also from the cookbook "take a tin of tuna" by Joie Warner. I'm having it for my lunch right now :)
- 1⁄2 cup well-stirred tahini (sesame seeds paste)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 2 lemons, zest of, grated medium plus extra for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice, plus
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 curly leaf lettuce leaves, shredded
- 3 (6 ounce) canssolid light tuna in olive oil, well drained
- fresh flat-leaf parsley (to garnish)
- lemon, for serving
- warmed lavash bread or toasted quartered pita bread, for serving
- Whisk tahini and water together in a medium bowl till combined.
- Add lemon zest, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper to taste and whisk till smooth.
- Taste and adjust lemon juice if neccessary - the dressing should be tangy.
- line 4 dinner plates with lettuce leaves.
- Invert a small or regular size of tuna onto each plate.
- Spoon tahini dressing on the tuna and a little over the lettuce.
- Sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest.
- Serve with lemon wedges on the side and pass the remaining tahini dressing and pepper mill.
- Serve with warm lavash or pita bread.
This salad is FABULOUS!!! I got the tuna book from the library and was upset b/c i forgot to copy the recipe down before i returned it! Thank-you so much for posting!!!