Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a yummy recipe by Rachael Ray. This recipe calls for English cucumber but I think you could substitute a regular one. It also called for salt and pepper which you can add on your own.
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 1 (6 ounce) can solid white tuna, drained
- 1 cup canned white beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 English cucumber, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- In a large bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, lemon juice and lemon peel; season if you want to.
- Add the tuna, breaking it apart a bit with a fork, then add the beans, cucumber and onion.
- Season again if you want to.
- Arrange the shredded romaine in 4 plates or bowls and top with the tuna salad and tomatoes.
- Tip: Add other ingredients if you want, such as olives.
As Ms. Ray would say herself, Yummo! I made this exactly as posted (doubling the recipe), except I used green leaf lettuce and grape tomatoes. I also finished it off with some freshly ground black pepper. I loved this tuna salad. The white beans really added to it, too. Thanks for sharing this recipe, that I will be making again. Made for ZWT7.
So far the best tuna mixed with beans I've had and I have tried a few. I liked the lemon in this. I used Hellman's olive oil mayonnaise to be soy free, freshly squeezed lemon juice, another kind of tuna as I don't buy white as it is higher in mercury, I did not have white beans so used kidney beans instead as that is what I had on hand, vindalia onions, cut up campari tomatoes which I mixed in, baby romaine but preferred it without, though it makes nice presentation, a little freshly ground black pepper but no salt, plus the rest of the ingredients. Made for ZWT7 Pacific Islands, for my team Food.Commandos
This made for a tasty and healthy lunch. At first I thought there would be too much mayo mixture but it ended up blending in really well and it was very tasty, too! Made for ZWT7 for the Golden Gourmets.