1/2 Photos of Lemony Tuna Pasta
Michelle S.'s Note:
This is not your Mom's tuna casserole! Garlicky, lemony and good! Use oil packed tuna please, it makes a HUGE difference to the flavor. A nice white wine and garlic bread complete the meal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon lemon, rind of
- 1 teaspoon basil, crumbled
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, crumbled
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 2 (6 1/2 ounce) cans tuna packed in oil, drained
- 1 lb medium pasta shell, just cooked
- lemon wedge
- parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1Melt butter in a heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- 2Add garlic, lemon peel and herbs; cook stirring occasionally approximately 5 minutes, being careful not to burn garlic.
- 3Gradually add flour, stir till blended.
- 4Gradually add wine, stir till blended.
- 5Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Stir until sauce thickens, about 1 minute.
- 7Mix in tuna, heat through.
- 8Place shells in serving bowl, pour sauce over and toss.
- 9Garnish with lemon wedges and freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Browse Our Top Tuna Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Tuna Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.3
- Calories from Fat 194
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.7 mg
- Sodium 331.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 28.3 g