Recipe by Irish Rose
While visiting my sister-in-law in Arizona, she served this refreshing lemonade made from lemons from her tree. It sure quenched our thirst on a hot day.
Top Review by Montana Heart Song
Wow! Wonderful! I made enough base to fill along with the water, a spigot container than held 2 gallons. There were no complaints. I used a zester tool for the lemon peel, I didn't want it to stick in the spigot. I had many grandchildren going for seconds!
Directions See How It's Made
- In covered jar, combine lemon peel, sugar and boiling water. Cover and shake until sugar dissolves. Add lemon juice.
- Store tightly covered in refrigerator until ready to use. Makes 2 2/3 cups of syrup base.
- For lemonade by the glass:.
- Pour 1/2 cup syrup base into tall glass and add 3/4 cup cold water and ice cubes. Stir briskly.
- For lemonade by the pitcher:.
- Combine full recipe of syrup base with about 5 cups of cold water and ice cubes in large pitcher.