1/1 Photo of Lemony Sugar Snap Peas With Shaved Parmigiano
A lovely, light salad from Sally Schneider's excellent cookbook, "The Improvisational Cook" (2006).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups sugar snap peas (about 12 ounces)
Lemon and Olive Oil Dressing
- 1Slice the vegetables: With a chef’s knife, cut the sugar snap peas on an extreme diagonal into thirds or halves, discarding any tough stem ends. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2Make the dressing: Rub the cut side of one of the garlic halves over the inside of a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, salt, and sugar. Spear both garlic halves with a dinner fork. Using this as a whisk, drizzle in the olive oil until the sauce has formed a thin emulsion with a subtle garlic flavor; discard the garlic.
- 3Dress the vegetables: Up to 1/2 hour before serving, add the sugar snap peas and lemon zest and toss to coat; season with pepper to taste.
- 4Garnish with the cheese: Just before serving, using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmigiano into paper-thin shavings. Scatter over the peas and toss gently.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Sugar Snap Peas With Shaved Parmigiano
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 265.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: