1/1 Photo of Lemony Sugar Snap Peas With Shaved Parmigiano
A lovely, light salad from Sally Schneider's excellent cookbook, "The Improvisational Cook" (2006).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups sugar snap peas (about 12 ounces)
Lemon and Olive Oil Dressing
- 1Slice the vegetables: With a chef’s knife, cut the sugar snap peas on an extreme diagonal into thirds or halves, discarding any tough stem ends. Place in a plastic bag and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 2Make the dressing: Rub the cut side of one of the garlic halves over the inside of a small bowl. Add the lemon juice, salt, and sugar. Spear both garlic halves with a dinner fork. Using this as a whisk, drizzle in the olive oil until the sauce has formed a thin emulsion with a subtle garlic flavor; discard the garlic.
- 3Dress the vegetables: Up to 1/2 hour before serving, add the sugar snap peas and lemon zest and toss to coat; season with pepper to taste.
- 4Garnish with the cheese: Just before serving, using a mandoline or a vegetable peeler, shave the Parmigiano into paper-thin shavings. Scatter over the peas and toss gently.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Sugar Snap Peas With Shaved Parmigiano
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 220.3
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 9.6 mg
- Sodium 265.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 7.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: