Lemony Star Fruit (Carambola) Kuchen
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, oats, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl stir together egg whites, yogurt, brown sugar, molasses, melted margarine and lemon peel. Add egg white mixture to flour mixture, stirring just till combined.
- Spray an 8 inch round quiche pan or cake pan with nonstick spray coating -- or just use silicone pans.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Gently press star fruit slices into batter.
- Bake in a 350F oven about 30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Lightly sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into wedges. Serve warm.