Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a real surprise!
Make and share this Lemony Star Fruit (Carambola) Kuchen recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1⁄3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel, finely shredded
- nonstick spray coating
- 1 large star fruit, cut into 12 slices
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, cornmeal, oats, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl stir together egg whites, yogurt, brown sugar, molasses, melted margarine and lemon peel. Add egg white mixture to flour mixture, stirring just till combined.
- Spray an 8 inch round quiche pan or cake pan with nonstick spray coating -- or just use silicone pans.
- Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Gently press star fruit slices into batter.
- Bake in a 350F oven about 30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Lightly sprinkle with granulated sugar. Cool slightly in pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into wedges. Serve warm.