Yum! While the pita crisps are baking, you can make up the dip. Quick and easy! Made for the RSC contest, January 2009.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichokes, drained, chopped
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup cooked chickpeas, drained, mashed well
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup Laughing Cow cheese (original)
- 3 tablespoons green onions, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 (1 ounce) packet dry vegetable soup mix (Knorr's or Lipton's are good)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1To make dip:.
- 2Stir artichokes, sour cream, chickpeas, mayonnaise, cheese, green onions, lemon juice, soup mix and black pepper together in a large bowl.
- 3Drain the thawed spinach, squeeze out as much as you can with your hands, then press between paper towels. Stir in the artichoke mixture. Cover and chill in the refrigerator 30 minutes(and up to 2 days).
- 4Serve with pita crisps.
- 5To make Pita Crisps:.
- 6Preheat oven to 350*F.
- 7Cut each pita bread in half. Then cut halves into wedges. Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray. Place wedges on baking sheet in a single layer.
- 8Combine oil, pepper, garlic powder and salt in a small bowl. Brush each triangle with the oil/spice mixture.
- 9Bake the wedges 8-10 minutes, or until light brown and crispy. Be sure to watch closely so they don't burn!
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Spinach Artichoke Dip With Pita Crisps
Serving Size: 1 (1568 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 821.2
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 30.9 mg
- Sodium 1784.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 13.0 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 20.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Laughing Cow cheese