Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
Health Magazine December 2009. Haven't tried yet but sounds good!
- 10 ounces couscous, uncooked (1.5 cups cooked)
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- 4 teaspoons unsalted butter, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 15 1⁄2 ounces cannellini beans, rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring two cups water to a boil in a pan. Add couscous and 1/4 tsp salt. Remove from heat, cover, and let stand 5 minute Fluff with a fork.
- Heat 2 tsp butter in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- add garlic and scallions; cook 30 seconds.
- add shrimp and stir about 3 min untill shrimp begin to turn pink.
- stir in beans, parsley, lemon juice, remaining butter, remaining 1 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper.
- cook 2-3 min until heated through.
- serve with the couscous.
I can't believe how quick, easy and delicious this is. Flavours were delicious together. I used a cous cous that had herb and chilli through it, since that is what I had on had. Made for PAC Spring 2013