A delicious, EASY dish to throw together and a really wonderful way to use pesto. The flavors are so fresh and light and the lemon adds just the right amount of zip.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh basil, stems removed
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, slightly toasted
- 1/4-1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, to your liking
- 1/4-1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (1/2 box)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw, de-shelled, cleaned
- 1Boil water for pasta and cook as directed to al dente.
- 3In a food processor, pulse together basil, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- 4Add pine nuts and pulse again.
- 5Scoop into a bowl and mix in 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Stir gently. (If the sauce is not moist, add more oil.).
- 6Season to taste and add the rest of the remaining cheese. Adjust oil again, if needed.
- 7Squeeze juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon to pesto, to taste.
- 8Clean and devein shrimp.
- 9In a bowl add 1 tablespoons oil, juice from 1/4 lemon, pinch of salt and pepper. Add shrimp to mixture and coat.
- 10Heat a grill pan over med-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- 11Grill shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Once shrimp has been turned, squeeze juice from 1/4 lemon to coat.
- 12Remove from heat.
- 13Mix 1/2 of the pesto with the pasta to coat. Serve in warm bowls with shrimp served on top. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- 14You may sprinkle a pinch of Parmesan and/or a fresh squeeze of lemon juice to make it even more delish.
- 15Save extra pesto in a covered container in the refrigerator or freeze and use at a later date.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Shrimp With Pesto Farfalle
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 546.8
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 178.3 mg
- Sodium 268.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 34.9 g