Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A delicious, EASY dish to throw together and a really wonderful way to use pesto. The flavors are so fresh and light and the lemon adds just the right amount of zip.
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh basil, stems removed
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, slightly toasted
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil, to your liking
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 8 ounces farfalle pasta (1/2 box)
- fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 lb large shrimp, raw, de-shelled, cleaned
- Boil water for pasta and cook as directed to al dente.
- In a food processor, pulse together basil, garlic and a pinch of salt.
- Add pine nuts and pulse again.
- Scoop into a bowl and mix in 1/4 cup of olive oil and 1/4 cup of Parmesan. Stir gently. (If the sauce is not moist, add more oil.).
- Season to taste and add the rest of the remaining cheese. Adjust oil again, if needed.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon to pesto, to taste.
- Clean and devein shrimp.
- In a bowl add 1 tablespoons oil, juice from 1/4 lemon, pinch of salt and pepper. Add shrimp to mixture and coat.
- Heat a grill pan over med-high heat. Spray with cooking spray.
- Grill shrimp for 1 minute on each side. Once shrimp has been turned, squeeze juice from 1/4 lemon to coat.
- Remove from heat.
- Mix 1/2 of the pesto with the pasta to coat. Serve in warm bowls with shrimp served on top. Season with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
- You may sprinkle a pinch of Parmesan and/or a fresh squeeze of lemon juice to make it even more delish.
- Save extra pesto in a covered container in the refrigerator or freeze and use at a later date.