Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1⁄4 lb fresh peeled and deveined shrimp or 1⁄4 lb frozen peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1⁄4 lb fresh asparagus, cut into 2-inch pieces or 1 (10 ounce) packagefrozen cut asparagus
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium green sweet peppers or 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon, rind of, finely shredded
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 cups hot cooked rice
- lemon wedge (optional)
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- In a 1 1/2-quart casserole combine the asparagus, garlic, and water.
- Cook, covered, on 100% power (high) for 4 to 5 minutes or till asparagus is just crisp-tender.
- Stir in shrimp and green or sweet red pepper.
- Cook, covered, on high for 5 to 7 minutes (7 to 9 minutes in a low-wattage oven) or till shrimp are pink and asparagus is tender, stirring once.
- Remove shrimp and vegetables with a slotted spoon, reserving liquid in casserole.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl combine the soy sauce, lemon peel, lemon juice, and cornstarch.
- Stir into liquid in casserole.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 2 to 4 minutes or till thickened and bubbly, stirring after every minute till mixture begins to thicken, then every 30 seconds.
- Stir shrimp and vegetables into casserole.
- Cook, uncovered, on high for 1 to 2 minutes or till heated through.
- Serve with rice and lemon wedges, if desired.
I served this with an Easter turkey meal to my family and it was AWESOME!! Even my kids loved it. I have never served asparagus before and didn't know the best way to cook it, so this website was very helpful. So easy to make in the microwave and the shrimp wasn't tough at all. I omitted the peppers (just can't stand them) but used a whole lemon rind and just served it as a vegetable dish- no rice. FABULOUS!!
WOW this was the best Lemon sauce I have ever had!!! We LOVED this dish!! I made this for 4 people so I made quite a few changes. I used 2 pounds of shrimp, 1 pound fresh asperagus, 3 cloves garlic, 4 Tbs soy sauce, 2 Tbs lemon rind, 3 Tbs lemon juice, 3 tsp cornstarch. I will use this sauce alot in the future for shrimp and chicken. Thanks for posting!!!!
Was good. I used extra tripled the lemon, since I love the flavor and served with sticky rice.