Having the shrimp pre-cooked makes this dish super quick. From PBS food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs cooked large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Cook orzo according to package directions. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add asparagus and red pepper.
- 2Drain orzo and vegetables; transfer to a large bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- 3Meanwhile, as the orzo cooks, melt butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan and saute 2 minutes or until heated through.
- 4Add garlic to pan and cook quickly, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute until lemon is incorporated.
- 5Add shrimp mixture to the pasta and toss together before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Shrimp and Orzo
Serving Size: 1 (372 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 373.3
- Calories from Fat 80
- Total Fat 8.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 222.5 mg
- Sodium 988.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 32.1 g