Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Having the shrimp pre-cooked makes this dish super quick. From PBS food.
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked large shrimp
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- fresh ground black pepper
- Cook orzo according to package directions. During the last 2 minutes of cooking, add asparagus and red pepper.
- Drain orzo and vegetables; transfer to a large bowl. Cover and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, as the orzo cooks, melt butter and oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp to pan and saute 2 minutes or until heated through.
- Add garlic to pan and cook quickly, about 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in lemon juice, parsley, salt and pepper; cook 1 minute until lemon is incorporated.
- Add shrimp mixture to the pasta and toss together before serving.