Prep 1 hr
Cook 10 mins
From Cooking Light.
- 1 cup water
- 3⁄4 cup couscous, uncooked
- 1 1⁄2 quarts water
- 1 1⁄4 lbs unpeeled medium shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Bring 1 cup water to a boil in a saucepan; stir in couscous; remove pan from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes or until couscous is tender and liquid is absorbed; fluff with a fork.
- Bring 1 ½ quarts water to a boil; add in shrimp; cook 3-5 minutes or until shrimp are pink; drain well and rinse with cold water.
- Peel, devein, and coarsely chop shrimp.
- Add chopped shrimp and bell pepper to cooked couscous.
- Combine the parsley and remaining ingredients; add to the couscous mixture; toss to combine.
- Cover and chill; taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper; serve cold.
This is a lovely recipe. DH had something very similar at a local restaurant and I was so happy to be able to make this for him. I used middle eastern couscous which is larger and also added some french string beans.