Recipe by 2Bleu
Simple to make and yet has an abundance of flavor! Add a side salad for a great healthy meal!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
We almost always enjoy a seafood combo, & this was no exception ~ Very nice flavors & the dish was very easy to prepare, as well! I look forward to making this one again! Thanks for sharing it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 1⁄2 lb sea scallops
- 1⁄2 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 large shallot, finely chopped (or any type onion including green onions)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup arborio rice, uncooked
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth, heated
- 1⁄2 juice and lemon, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray non-stick cooking spray in a large deep skillet (or dutch oven). Heat over med-high heat. Saute' the scallops and shrimp, for about 2 minutes. Add the lemon zest and continue cooking until shrimp are pink and almost done. About 2 more minutes.
- Remove scallops, shrimp, and zest from skillet, set aside and cover immediately to finish cooking the seafood.
- Meanwhile, in the same skillet (do not wash or rinse), cook shallots and garlic until shallots are crisp-tender (adding more oil if necessary). Reduce heat to medium.
- Stir in rice and stir frequently until rice begins to brown. Stir in wine and cook until liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally.
- Pour 1/2 cup of broth over rice mixture. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until liquid is absorbed. Continue cooking 15-20 min, adding broth 1/2 cup at a time and stirring occasionally until rice is tender and creamy.
- Add the lemon juice and tarragon. Gently stir in the scallops and shrimp. Serve with a garnish of parsley sprigs and lemon slices if desired.