Recipe by Pam Fitz
Adapted from a weight watchers cookbook. You can also throw in cooked mussels or clams. Works well both as a easy quick supper or as a dinner party recipe. Serve w/a green salad and rolls.
- 1 jar sliced mushroom (, or 1 cup fresh sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can fat free chicken broth (low sodium too if desired)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 lb scallops or 3⁄4 lb shrimp (or both if desired)
- 2 lemons, juiced
- linguine or spaghetti or fettuccine pasta, your choice-enough for 2 people
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in frying pan, add mushrooms, stir till browned.
- Remove to bowl.
- Add shrimp/scallops into same frying pan, stir till cooked thru (white and firm).
- Do not overcook.
- Remove to same bowl as mushrooms.
- Pour wine, 3/4 of the can of chicken broth and 3/4 of the lemon juice into same hot frying pan.
- Stir together, scraping bottom of pan well to loosen browned bits.
- Bring to boil.
- Let simmer at a low boil 10 minutes.
- Return mushrooms and seafood to frying pan and let heat thru, about 1 minute.
- Pour both over hot cooked pasta and serve.
- Use the reserved lemon juice for extra lemony"kick" if desired.
- *Youcan double and triple the amounts given to use for company.