Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Everyday Food, March 2007
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced with greens and whites separated
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 5 -6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb broccoli, florets cut up and stems peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- coarse salt
- ground pepper
- 1 lb peeled deveined large shrimp, patted dry
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas
- Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in a large skillet with a lid, over medium heat.
- Add scallion whites, lemon zest, broccoli, water, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook until broccoli is bright green and starting to soften (3-4 minutes).
- Add shrimp and peas.
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp are opaque and peas are tender (4-6 minutes).
- Add lemon juice, scallion tops and 2 Tablespoons butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
MARVELOUS! I served it with a side of yellow rice.
My husband and I loved this recipe. It was very easy.