Recipe by Mercy
Another recipe from the dark confines of my cookbook. Don't forget to factor in one week for "aging".
Top Review by kathyfingerohio
The heady fragrances of rum, allspice, lemon and cinnamon made me think of the tropics and a warm cozy Christmas all grandma's house all at once. These are a joy to make, and they taste good on day one,..on day 7 they are exquisite! There's still time before Christmas...make some! They will make you, friends and family very happy! I used Kraken spiced rum and unsweetened coconut flakes.Recipe did not specify on the coconut. Just delicious!
- 1 1⁄2 cups crushed vanilla wafers
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flaked coconut
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (pecan meal)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons rum
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the vanilla wafer crumbs, confectioners sugar, coconut, pecans, allspice, cinnamon and lemon peel.
- Add the corn syrup, lemon juice and rum to mixture.
- Combine well and then form into about 24 1-inch balls.
- Coat balls with granulated sugar; put about 1/4 to 1/3 cups of granulated sugar into a plastic bag and add the rum balls, a few at a time.
- Shake bag gently until the balls are coated.
- Store coated rum balls in a covered container for 5 to 7 days to develop flavor.