Recipe by Kathy228
This rice is subtly lemony with hints of cilantro and garlic. The addition of olive oil at the end makes the dish. Use only a good, fresh oil. Goes well with fish, chicken and Hispanic dishes.
Top Review by LizAnn
Our family enjoyed this with our fish tonight. I didn't add the lemon peel because that wouldn't have gone over well with the kids. And I topped it with butter rather than olive oil. A nice side for fish. Thanks!
- 1 cup rice (Basmati is good)
- 2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced into four
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 1 lemon, rind of, grated (zest)
- olive oil, to drizzle must be fresh
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients except lemon, rind and oil in a pan.
- With your hand, squeeze the 1/2 lemon's juice into the pot, then toss it into the pot.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally 'til rice is not crunchy anymore.
- Remove rice from heat and remove lemon. Squeeze the remaining juice from it, being careful not to burn your fingers. Stir in one half of the grated lemon rind.
- Cover pan with a folded towel and let set for 5-7 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork.
- Taste to adjust seasonings such as salt.
- Pile into a serving dish.
- Sprinkle with the reserved lemon rind.
- Drizzle on a little fresh olive oil if desired.