Recipe by aHardDaysNight
Fresh and citrusy, this packs a flavor punch! It is delightful, but must be served immediately. I found that the lemon flavor disappears the next day. Enjoy!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
I made this exactly as posted, using the Uncle Ben's boil-in-bag brown rice. This was a delicious, flavorful side dish that was creamy, but not runny or watery. I didn't need to use any of the cooking broth at all. I will definitely be making this again. Thanks for sharing. Made for Fall PAC 2011.
- 1 cup instant brown rice (I use 2 bags uncle ben's boil-in-bag brown rice)
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground pepper
- sea salt
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus, cut in 1 inch pieces
Directions See How It's Made
- cook rice in chicken broth according to box directions.
- remove bags of rice from chicken broth and add asparagus pieces and salt to pan.
- cook asparagus until al dente and bright green.
- remove asparagus to mixing bowl and add rice, butter, pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice, cream and salt.
- serve immediately.
- note: some of the cooking liquid can be added to loosen the sauce if it is too thick.