1/2 Photos of Lemony Rice Pudding
Sydney Mike's Note:
This nice twist on the usual rice pudding comes from the 2001 cookbook, Luscious Lemon Desserts. Preparation time includes neither the time needed for pudding to cool to room temperature nor the time needed for it to chill in the refrigerator!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a heavy medium saucepan over high heat, bring water & salt to a boil.
- 2Add rice & 1 tablespoon of the zest, then reduce heat to low. Cover & cook for 20 minutes, then remove pan from heat & let the rice stand, covered, for 10 minutes.
- 3When rice has stood for 10 minutes, add milk, the remaining zest & the sugars to the rice & bring the mixture just to a boil over medium heat. Then, reduce heat to low & cook, stirring frequently, for about 30 minutes, or until mixture is thick & creamy & the rice is very soft.
- 4Spoon pudding into serving bowl & let cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- 5Refrigerate, loosely covered, for at least 4 hours or overnight, until thoroughly chilled.
- 6Before serving, let stand at room temperature for 10 minutes, then ENJOY!
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Rice Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (271 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 12.2 mg
- Sodium 85.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 23.4 g
- Protein 6.0 g