1/2 Photos of Lemony Rice Pilaf
This takes plain ol' rice to a new level. Goes particularly well with chicken. If you don't use chicken stock, this side dish is vegetarian/vegan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil, preferably canola oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 3 cups chicken stock (vegetable stock makes this vegetarian/vegan)
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped flat-leaf Italian parsley
- fresh ground pepper
- 1In a heavy saucepan, heat oil over mediumheat and cook onion for 5 minutes, or until softened.
- 2Stir in rice, then stock, and bring to a boil.
- 3Reduce heat and cover; let simmer for 20 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 4Stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and parsley; taste and add pepper if you wish.
- 5Note: this reheats very well so don't fret if this makes too much for your family.
Browse Our Top White Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Rice Pilaf
Serving Size: 1 (148 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 177.0
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 2.7 mg
- Sodium 138.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, rind of