1/8 Photos of Lemony Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
1 hr 10 mins
I got this recipe out of the magazine Canadian Family. We like it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Topping: Preheat oven to 350°F In a greased, 9-inch heavy nonstick skillet, melt butter over medium heat; stir in brown sugar.
- 2Remove skillet from heat; spread sugar mixture evenly over bottom of skillet. Scatter rhubarb [cut in 1 inches pieces] evenly over sugar mixture; set skillet aside.
- 3Cake: In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- 4In a separate bowl and using an electric mixer, beat together sugar, butter, and lemon rind until well combined.
- 5Add egg and vanilla, beat well.
- 6Stir half of flour mixture into sugar mixture; stir in buttermilk.
- 7Add remaining flour mixture, stirring just until combined.
- 8Spread batter carefully over rhubarb in skillet; bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until cake springs back when gently pressed in center and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 9As soon as cake comes out of oven, run a spatula around sides to loosen cake.
- 10Let cool in skillet for 10 minutes.
- 11Invert cake on a plate.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature with whip cream or ice cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Rhubarb Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (137 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 360.1
- Calories from Fat 117
- Total Fat 13.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.9 mg
- Sodium 269.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 38.1 g
- Protein 4.4 g