Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These sound very good! I can't wait to try them
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh lemon zest
- 1 1⁄3 cups packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In saucepan, combine raisins, sweetend condensed milk, lemon juice and peel.
- Cook and stir until mixture begins to bubble; cool.
- In mixer bowl, combine sugar, butter and vanilla; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt; mix well.
- Stir in oats.
- Reserving 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture, press remainder firmly on bottom of greased 9x13 baking pan.
- Spread raisins mixture over crust to within 1/2 in of edges.
- Top with reserved crumb mixture; press lightly.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
- Cool. Cut into bars.
- Store covered at room temperature.