Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
You can toast the pine nuts in a small heavy pan over low heat, moving constantly to prevent burning. Toasting the pine nuts releases the oils, giving the pesto a deeper, richer flavor.
- 1 (16 ounce) box linguine
The Pesto Sauce
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- grated parmesan cheese (garnish)
- Bring 4 to 6 quarts of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta to water and stir gently. Cook past according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Place pesto sauce ingredients in a food processor except for olive oil. Process until creamy. Slowly add olive oil.
- Mix pesto sauce with the hot pasta, add tomatoes, parmesan cheese; serve.