1/2 Photos of Lemony Pad Thai
Everyone has their own way of making pad thai. This recipe is mine- a lighter version with a pleasant citrus flavor. The ramen used in this recipe is not the kind that comes packaged with a flavor packet- it's the good-quality kind that can be bought from Asian grocery stores. You can also use rice sticks or even spaghetti noodles if in a pinch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces ramen noodles, cooked
- 1 lb chicken breast, sliced into strips
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 4 lemongrass, peeled & minced
- 1 serrano pepper, sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded & sliced into short strips
- 2 lemons, juice & zest of
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1/2 cup peanuts, crushed
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- 1/2-1 cup bean sprouts
- 1Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and stir-fry until brown and cooked through, about 3 minutes. Set aside.
- 2Return the wok to medium-high heat. You should have a good bit of oil left- if not, add a some more. When the oil is hot, add the lemongrass, onion and seranno pepper. Stir-fry until the onion is soft, about 1 minute.
- 3Push the mixture to one side of the wok, then add the eggs to the other side. Stir-fry, breaking up the eggs, until cooked through, about 30 seconds. When the eggs are set, stir everything together.
- 4Return the chicken to the pan, add the bell pepper, and stir. Add the fish sauce, lemon zest and juice, tamarind concentrate and noodles. Stir and cook until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- 5Transfer to plates and top with peanuts, cilantro, and bean sprouts.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Pad Thai
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.6
- Calories from Fat 350
- Total Fat 38.9 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 212.1 mg
- Sodium 2346.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.0 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 41.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: