Recipe by Haley K
This is from Cooking Light July 2010. I brought it to a picnic and it went over well. It's mayo free so it holds up well on a hot day. I liked it so much, Thought I'd post it here for safekeeping. I did make a bit more of the dressing than the recipes called for, seemed a little dry otherwise.
- 3⁄4 cup orzo pasta
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic clove
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup English cucumber, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄3 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup goat cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook orzo according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Drain and rinse with cold water; drain and place in a large bowl.
- While orzo cooks, combine lemon rind and next 6 ingredients (through black pepper), stirring well with a whisk. Drizzle juice mixture over orzo; toss to coat. Add chicken and next 4 ingredients (through dill); toss gently to combine. Sprinkle with cheese.