Recipe by angelcakes
I had this great lemon orzo salad from a local gourmet deli so I wanted to see if I could replicate it. After looking around at different recipes, this is what I came up with. It makes for a great pasta/rice dish for a potluck.
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 2 bouillon cubes (optional)
- 3 lemons, juice of
- x lemon, zest of
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped basil leaves
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- If pine nuts are not toasted, toast them on a cookie sheet in a 350F oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Boil water in a 6-8 quart pot with optional flavor cubes.
- Add orzo and cook until tender.
- Drain orzo in colander and rinse with cold water.
- Toss orzo in a large bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Then toss in the rest of the ingredients.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can add more lemon juice if you like it really lemony.
- Chill salad for 3-4 hours before serving.