I had this great lemon orzo salad from a local gourmet deli so I wanted to see if I could replicate it. After looking around at different recipes, this is what I came up with. It makes for a great pasta/rice dish for a potluck.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If pine nuts are not toasted, toast them on a cookie sheet in a 350F oven for 5-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2Boil water in a 6-8 quart pot with optional flavor cubes.
- 3Add orzo and cook until tender.
- 4Drain orzo in colander and rinse with cold water.
- 5Toss orzo in a large bowl with the olive oil, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- 6Then toss in the rest of the ingredients.
- 7Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 8You can add more lemon juice if you like it really lemony.
- 9Chill salad for 3-4 hours before serving.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony Orzo Salad with Feta and Pine Nuts
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.7
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 13.3 mg
- Sodium 170.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 9.1 g