Marianne in Switzerland's Note:
This is a recipe from a Norwegian cooking club I was a member of, but I have altered it slightly. These potatoes go excellently with salmon or other fish. If you don't have cute little new potatoes, you can slice or cube normal potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the dressing
- 1Wash the potatoes well and cook them normally. Drain the potatoes well, put them back in the pot, switch off the element and put the pot on the still hot element so you steam off the potatoes as well as possible. Be careful when you stir them around, so as not to break them up.
- 2Make the dressing while the potatoes boil. Simply combine all the ingredients in a jar, put the lid on and shake well. It can be made the day before, if you like, and refrigerated.
- 3Slice rings or half-rings of the onions or shallots, add those and the chopped chives to the potatoes, add the dressing and heat up, carefully stirring to get the mixture over all the potatoes.
- 4If you like, you can turn up the stove again and reduce the rest of the dressing so it becomes more of a glaze.
- 5Garnish with some more chopped chives or chopped parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemony New Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (190 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 250.3
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 94.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 3.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of